Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year, New Futures

Happy New Year.


It’s now officially 2012, and so far we have had a winter unlike any I have ever experienced here in Alberta.


I’m not complaining – snow and cold are something I’m used to, and I can even enjoy the cold season, but really I’ll take the comparatively balmy weather anytime.


For me, the New Year is a time of renewal and regeneration.


I typically look at the year that was, to take stock of what I’ve learned and what I’ve accomplished. Then I look to the year ahead, and decide what I want to focus on. 


I don’t make resolutions, exactly, but I enjoy a challenge, and the beginning of the year is a good time to gird yourself for change.


I expect 2012 to be a year of challenges for me.


I have been involved on the periphery of politics for some time, but decided it’s time to bring my skill set to a more active role.


The best way to do that is to win a seat in the legislature, so I am seeking the nomination for Calgary-Currie.


As I said, the New Year is a time of renewal, and it occurs to me that that is what is happening within the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada.


As Premier Redford has said, the leadership election brought a lot of attention to the party, and motivated tens of thousands of people to get involved in positive change.


That positive change is barreling ahead and the PC Party of Alberta continues to be the best choice for progressive leadership for the 21st Century.


It’s my goal to represent the citizens of Calgary-Currie at the provincial government level.
Please help me reach that goal, by coming out to vote on Jan 28 at the Killarney Glengarry Community Centre, 28 Ave and 28 St SW.


And may 2012 be wonderful and prosperous for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment