Saturday 26 November 2011

The Welcome from Westgate

WWW! Westgate+ Wildwood = Welcoming communities I have spent the last couple of days knocking on doors and meeting folks in the Westgate and Wildwood communities.  I had a feeling they would prove to be as amazing as the families who attend the school where I serve as a Principal since this happens to be in the same area. True to that prediction, they are the example of down to earth people who like to discuss their histories in these two longstanding neighborhoods.  I met a number of couples who are the original owners of their homes in Wildwood.  Some showed me photos of their beautiful gardens and others talked about the longstanding positive impact that our PC government has had on Alberta.  At the same time, they talked openly of their concerns about the"change" that is needed.  Nonetheless, they are committed to an openness for the change that Premier Redford has been initiating.  This has become the trademark of hope for Albertans residing in Wildwood and Westgate it seems.  Many constituents let me know that my association to the PC party as a proven professional and a women in her late 30's represents the "new face of politics". Other interesting issues and concerns about the environment and conservation of the nearby natural areas popped up in conversation.  At the same time, others told me of some of their struggles having their interests heard regarding offroading Associations.  I also listened to other challenges that some constituents faced with finding suitable placement for their aging parents in assisted living facilities.  I learned that these people are concerned not just for their own parents, but for the future of other elderly residents who may face not having a place to care for them in the not so distant future. I'm convinced that the Calgary-Currie constituents of Wildwood and Westgate are a powerful group who are not only concerned about their individual needs but also about the overall needs of all Albertans.  These communities have expressed an intelligence of current issues and the importance of pragmatic solutions.  They are a caring and so open to relationship building. I am mightily encouraged by their frankness and strong support of my nomination.  Thank you Westgate and Wildwood!  I would be honoured to have the opportunity to serve as your new MLA. I hope you will put January 28th on your calendars and be there to support me on nomination day! Posted by Christine Cusanelli at 21:36 Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment